Reiki

Some of you know that I practice Reiki and am now a Reiki Master.  I have trained with Beth Scibienski, the Pastor at Grace Presbyterian Church down the street from St. Barnabas, at their Wellness Center, where we also have a weekly Reiki share. 

The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means "God's Wisdom " and Ki which is "life force energy", or what Christians would call the Holy Spirit. So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy." It is also how I understand how Jesus healed. In Mark 5: 25-34, we hear the story of a woman who suffered from hemorrhages who touched Jesus, “Immediately aware that power had gone forth from him, Jesus turned about in the crowd and said, ‘Who touched my clothes?’”  There is a palpable essence to the presence of the Spirit that Jesus reports, and it is something that I feel as well when I practice Reiki.

I cannot guarantee that I can offer absolute physical healing like Jesus, but I have seen Reiki offer peace and calmness of heart, mind and spirit many times.  And even as we offer our intentions, the Spirit does as the Spirit wills. We are only conduits allowing the Spirit to work in and through us, being open to the Spirit’s presence and direction in our lives.

If you are interested in learning more about Reiki, I am always happy to talk about it. You are also welcome to attend the Reiki share at the Wellness Center (Wednesdays 5:30-7 PM).  I would be happy to offer anyone a session of Reiki to learn more about it either at your home or at the church.  I have a portable table to use.  Unlike massage, Reiki is done fully-clothed and with either gentle touch (mostly on extremities) or no touching, as you are comfortable.  A session is about 30-45 minutes long.

In our busy lives, we don’t make much time to just be.  This is such an opportunity –  to be in a space of health and well-being, which is what Jesus said the Realm of God is.  I hope you will allow me the blessed opportunity to share that space with you.

With Easter Joy,

Rev. Valerie+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Poem

Give God the Glory

A Sloppy Track